What does the Bible say about Giving?
How do I make a financial contribution?
All contributions to First Baptist Church Salado are recorded in our financial system, and participants receive a contribution statement at various periods during the year. There are several ways you may make financial contributions:
1. You may bring your contribution by the office during the week Monday-Friday,
2. You may bring your contribution on Sunday morning during Bible Study, or place your contribution in the offering plate during the worship service.
3. You may mail your contribution to the church, if you are comfortable doing so, at:
First Baptist Church
ATTN: Financial Assistant
210 S Main Street
Salado, TX 76571
4. You may click on the online giving link to utilize electronic funds transfer.
We take your decision to trust us with your financial information very seriously, so we’ve taken steps to ensure that the giving process is safe and secure from beginning to end. Our giving system uses the same technology that banks and e-commerce companies employ to protect your information during transactions. When you give online, you can support the church by making a one-time contribution or establishing a recurring-contribution. It’s simple and safe. Just click on the preferred tab and follow the directions.
Benefits of online giving
There are several benefits to online giving for both you and the church:
- Constant – In Proverbs 3:9-10 we are taught to honor the Lord with the “first fruits” of our labor. By setting up a recurring contribution which is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your “first fruits” are always given back to God.
- Consistent – You will not need to remember if you gave this month or sent your contribution because of travel or other schedule interruptions. Online giving provides a way to stay up to date and faithful in your giving.
- Convenient – In this digital age when people are increasingly paying bills and conducting commerce online, you can expedite your gift, simplify our accounting, and strengthen our base of regular support.
- Concentrated – Instead of needing to worry about writing or gathering your contribution during a worship service, you can be fully engaged and concentrating on the presence of God, knowing that you have already given your offering.
*Disclaimer: Online giving involves the use of both credit and debit transactions and makes no distinction between the two. You may also utilize electronic funds transfer. Donations via bank account or PayPal are free. Credit and some Debit card accounts incur a 2.9% transaction fee. Care and concern should be exercised by every giver in using credit cards for giving. We offer this option only as a convenience and not as a way to circumvent sound Biblical money management principles or to incur debt. You are free to give via the weekly offering in the worship services, by mailing your contribution, or stopping by the church office. If you have any questions concerning ways to give, please call the FBC Salado office at (254) 947-5465 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does the Bible say about Giving?
Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. (Deuteronomy 14:22)
The tithe is the Lord's...it is holy to the Lord. (Leviticus 27:30)
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all. Wealth and honor come from you; (1 Chronicles 29:11-13)
Honor the Lord with your income, with the firstfruits of all your crops... (Proverbs 3:9-10)
Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything, all she had to live on." (Mark 12:41-44)
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. (2 Corinthians 9:7-8)
What does FBC Salado teach about Tithing?
Yes, it's a sensitive subject...but a subject we comfortably address. Why? Because we believe the challenge in our lives as Believers is not to GIVE to the things of God. (no pressure-tactics around here) The challenge is for us to GIVE IN to the things of God.
- Tithing is a simple act of obedience to be used in our spiritual growth process.
- The word "tithe" means one tenth (1/10) and it refers to honoring God by giving the first 10% of one's possessions to Him.
- Giving is an act of worship, and worship is the expression of our love relationship to God.
- The spiritual discipline of giving our possessions and income to the Lord through His church is a source of great joy.
- The best way to become a tither is to start tithing - then you will discover the importance it brings to your Christian life.
- When we bring our tithes, we are saying that God owns it all anyway.
- The simple truth is that God can make it without OUR money, but we can't make it without HIS blessing that comes from tithing.
"Will a man rob God? Yet you rob Me. But you ask, 'How do we rob You?' In tithes and offerings...Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house. Test Me in this, "says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it." (Malachi 3:8,10)
Said another way...100% - 10% > 100%